Monday, December 14, 2009

My Rant for the Evening

I apologize in advance to any of my educator friends that this might offend.

With that being said, it really ticks me off when the teacher assigns an UNGODLY amount of science homework for one night due to their absence in the classroom. It's really not our fault, or our children's, that you missed your daily job and your substitute did not cover the materials needed to keep you on track. Better yet, at my job, if I am out a day, no one covers for me and I am expected to make up anything that I need to get done on my own time and not at the expense of others!
Sorry, I am used to re-teaching math every evening as math is not his teacher's strong suit and he has told me from the beginning of the year that she doesn't teach them how to do the math in class. However, tonight's 8 pages of science in addition to math took the cake!
On to more pleasant topics, Bradley's team played in their last tournament of the year this weekend. They played great on Friday night (in the cold - 52 degrees) and won both their pool play games. Bradley pitched and hit great. Sunday, however, was a different story. We played Team Combat, who is a division above us, and a perennial powerhouse. Our boys were kind of psyched out before the game began and a shaky first inning didn't help. We were knocked out of the tournament by the eventual champion. In order to console ourselves, we went to Buffalo Wild Wings for some food & football with the Roe family. While the food was good, the football wasn't as the Cowboys pulled their usual December disappearing act and lost again!




Also, on Sunday morning we woke up our decorations being decorated. Our scroogely neighbors, who still are without decorations, decided our yard decorations needed some spicing up. We had a doctor goose, Hannah Montana goose, and Santa in a bikini.





We did manage to fit in a visit to Santa at Bass Pro so Bradley could tell him what he wanted for Christmas. I guess we'll have to wait and see if he's been good enough for a visit.

No comments: