Thursday, January 7, 2010

ICE - I Think We've Been Transported

Okay - I'm seriously doubting that we live in Florida. This morning there was actually frost all over my windshield and I had to defrost/deice so that I could see! I asked TR the other night if he was sure we still lived in Florida and he responded he thought that Florida had broken off from the US and was floating North! BRRRR, it's really cold here and I even had to go and buy Bradley some jeans as he only had one pair.

On another note, we had an extremely entertaining basketball game last night - almost 3 full quarters! Bradley's team came out play - redeeming themselves from their last dismal performance before the break. We were up 22-10 (Bradley had scored 6 points) near the end of the third quarter when the other coach apparently didn't like a call and started in on the refs. I couldn't hear what he was saying so he obviously wasn't loud but it must have been bad as he was hit with a technical foul. Keep in mind, this is just rec league basketball - not competitive travel basketball. Having coached in this league for the past two years, the refs aren't the greatest but I've never even been warned, much less received a technical and I'm pretty loud! Rather than give it up at that point, he continued running his mouth and was told by the ref and by the league director to take a seat on the bench. Still not willing to comply, he gets hit with ANOTHER technical which is automatic ejection of the coach. With the coach refusing to then leave the bench, the game is called as over and we were awarded the win. The worst part of this whole situation is that the coach of the other team DID NOT have his team shake hands with our team.

No comments: