Thursday, August 27, 2009

Back to School - and Other Hilarious Things

Okay - so we're back to a pretty normal schedule since school started on Monday. Bradley likes his teacher and the two other boys from our neighborhood are in his class - what's the chance of that happening? He's done really well with the whole back to school routine. New this year, he has his own alarm clock and is reading BEFORE school. He's really a good morning person so this schedule works well - especially the reading as it eliminates the arguments at night. One slight problem, Bradley's class has "lunch" at 10:30 am - he refers to this as his "second breakfast". Needless to say, thankfully his teacher has implemented a snack time at 2:00 pm as the boys in her class can't go that long without eating. The first day of school when he got in the truck TR said that he was absolutely starving.

The Pride finished second in the NPF Championships last weekend. We had plenty to do around the house and it rained most of the weekend so that gave us a chance to watch most of the games on the internet. Some players went directly to their homes from Akron, but some did come back here. We said goodbye to them this week which was very sad - we'll miss them all.

Since Bradley's bout with the flu, he had a check-up and follow-up visit with the doctor yesterday. Imagine my surprise when I received the picture below with the caption "He said he feels like a paper plate!! LOL! I'm laughing so hard I'm crying." The best thing was that I also laughed so hard I cried (BTW - I still laugh every time I look at this picture). It brings back memories of the first time I went to the doctor and only had the "paper gown" for a cover-up. It's really hard to turn 10!

No comments: