Saturday, January 31, 2009

Run Around the Universe

All I can say is that Bradley continues to amaze me. Today we ran a 5K (3.1 miles) with our friends, Shay & Melissa, at Universal Studios. Dubbed the "Run Around the Universe" it takes you through City Walk and both parks before ending in front of the Hard Rock Cafe. Start time was 7:30 am (too early) and it was a balmy 45! When the gun went off so did Bradley, leaving me (that was the plan) but also leaving Shay & Melissa (this was not the plan). However, we did have a plan as we assumed we would not all finish at the same time (hint - I'm the slow one). Amazingly enough, Bradley completed his FIRST 5K with a time of 28:30!!!! Melissa & Shay came in behind him at 33:00 and I brought up the rear at 45:00. However, since I bettered my time from the last 5K by more than 5 minutes I was very happy! Sorry there were no pictures but we didn't have anyone with us to take them and we certainly didn't have any way to carry a camera!

No comments: